Friday, September 16, 2011

Notetaking on a real newscast

While watching the Kare 11 new this morning, I noticed smaller details that I never noticed before. Most of the stories the anchors told or described had to do with proximity or had some significance to the people around the area. For example, there was a homicide in Oakdale and they had interviews with many of the neighbors which also included soundbites, lighting, and many questions.  Other things I noticed were the stories. They were about one to two minutes long in length, the only exception was stories or updates to do with traffic or weather. Weather clips used a lot of soundbites as well. The anchors in between stories would talk to each other and joke around with some of the new knowledge from the news stories which I think relates to comic relief on a tragic story in some cases. But that's about all I noticed this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment